Sunday, July 25, 2010

Final Week... :(

So this will be one of my last posts...

It's so mind-boggling how quickly (and slowly) the summer has come and gone. Nearly 7 weeks slipped between my fingers, and in just several days I'll find myself looking at the Northwest from the window of an airplane on my way home. It's such a sad thought.

I really dread leaving here. I love the people so much; I had to already begin my train of goodbyes, and I was already crying. I don't know how I'll make it on Friday. And something I just realized: I actually left on this exact day last year.... weird.

Anyways, on to what I've been up to. Or rather, I should probably say, what God's been up to at youth camp :)

Youth camp was INCREDIBLY AMAZING!!!!!! Not only was it fun, wacky, crazy, with little sleep and all of the above, but God worked in some amazing ways. It was so powerful!! And what was even more awesome was that He not only moved in my life, but in all the other youth too!!! It was so mind-blowing to see everyone truly worshipping, people weeping, people praying for each other, people hugging and comforting, people just broken but healed with Christ - it was so awesome!!! And we had at least 5 new brothers and sisters in Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was literally speechless by how great our God is. I was so overwhelmed by His continual blessings and power and just His neverending love. And He showed me so much during my quiet times and in Isaiah - well, and especially through the messages. Not only was it life-changing, but I got to play the epic game of plunger ball again :) It was intensely intense; I got a little scraped up, but not too bad. Steph and I helped lead the 10th grade discusssion group with Cliff (KBC's youth intern - pretty much their youth pastor), and I also spoke a little in Zita's missions breakout session. Praise God the bathrooms in the A-Frame were working, so there were counselor bathrooms for us to use (our showers had a huge piece of plastic that was duck-taped, but hey, it worked well enough for me). And better yet, we were the cabin inspectors, which means yes, lots of bribes - including a song one group composed and performed for us!! It was so awesome!!

And the youth - oh, I can't say enough about them!! We got to sit in with KBC's group during church group discussions, and I was so blessed to be a part of what God is doing through them. They are so mature (in their walk and just in general), and I am so encouraged by their faith! I learned a lot from them, and I am going to miss them so much!!! They became my new youth group away from home.

There is so much I want to say, but I have so much to do!!! This is my last day at my host home (which includes internet access, phone service, and last day for a WalMart run, etc. etc.), so I have much to do before leaving for boys camp this week. And then I return home on Friday :(

While I'm happy to be seeing my family and being in my own bed and seeing my friends and all, I already miss these people so much!!!! They have been such a blessing in my life, and I have been touched by them!! I've considered moving up here, though that wouldn't be possible... for the moment ;) No, but I'm going to really miss them. And I'm glad I came back.

I'll blog again, and when I do, hopefully I'll fill in the blanks with what I've missed (and hopefully pictures too!). I need to get back to packing and such, so I'll need to end here.

Thank you so very much for all your prayers and support!!!! I have felt them these past few weeks, and I cannot thank you enough!!


"You're the center of the universe, everything was made in You, Jesus
Breath of every living thing, everyone was made for You

You hold everything together
You hold everything together

Oh Christ, be the center of our lives
Be the place we fix our eyes
Be the center of our lives..."

No comments:

Post a Comment