Saturday, July 3, 2010

Is this halfway?

Wow. Another week gone. Today was full of more goodbyes, and I truly enjoyed this past week and working with the kids I had the privilege of working with. Some ladies also gave us bouquets of beautiful flowers to thank us. It really made my day when a few of my kids made a thank you card for me, and they were asking if I was coming back next year... So sad.

I have to share this story one of my partners shared with me: one of her students had the hiccups, and he said something that was so cute!! He said that he thinks God is trying to show him something; he talks a lot, but when he has the hiccups, he really has to think about what he's going to say. He mentioned something about God teaching him to not talk so much - how cute is that?!

And bowling!!! Let me just say that I have fallen in love with the youth here! There were about 20 of us, and it was awesome to just hang out and have a goofy time. It was also very relaxing in between VBS's, and much needed. And we also got to stop by this 7/11 in Kennewick that is supposedly the #1 slurpee store in the world...? It was pretty awesome, and there was even a huge trophy by the cash register - a huge trophy. I didn't know such things existed for slurpees.

But on a more serious note, this week has also been as trying as it has been exciting. And it just seems to become more difficult. God's been showing me a lot lately about my poor attitude in serving, how it's not about me, but about Him. And really, that makes all the difference in perspective and how I approach my challenges. But please continue to pray for this upcoming week (which will technically start tomorrow morning... at 8. So much for being promised to sleep in, though technically that is sleeping in compared to the mornings this past week). I'm all over the place, but I know there are some things that really need God's intervention. Please pray for patience, patience, patience! And wisdom, grace, and peace. We really want this week to be good, but I think it starts with where our focus is - which should be on Christ and not ourselves and our own comfort.

There's so much i want to say but don't have the time to write it all. I can't believe my summer here is almost halfway gone! I've been here for almost 3 weeks... wow time flies. But I just found out a change in my schedule for next week, so I probably won't blog again until next weekend. Please lift my team up in prayer, and thank you so much!!

Oh and P.S. I'm working on getting a photo album posted on here... but we'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment