Saturday, July 3, 2010

Mystery Week!!!

So much to say again, and it's been less than 24 hours since I last posted! Got settled in to Airway Heights, which is near Spokane. We helped a little this morning when we arrived (at Airway Heights Baptist Church) and got lunch at this really great burger place (shaped like a milk bottle). It was one of the best meals I've had here... also because I had a nice plate of salad :) Then, we did some sightseeing in Spokane! It reminds me of Chicago somewhat...it's interesting.

We saw these falls... I forgot what exactly it was called, but it was so beautiful and right in the middle of the city (not like Yosemite falls though). We also walked through River Park Center (or that general area), and we rode in a gondola! Well, it was like a combination between a ferris wheel, a tour, and a ski lift, but it was awesome. We also ran through this huge fountain (being the tourists that we were) in the square. On our drive, we were able to see surrounding areas and such. It was a nice break, since we won't be getting one this weekend like we usually would. So tomorrow we'll be busy until around 11 pm or so, but we'll get to see fireworks (and possibly get to launch some!!). Then we go to Camp Touchet to work there (where we might also meet another summer missionary who's coming to help at camps), then Idaho and Riverside... oh what a week!

I haven't even talked about my host family! The couple I'm with is so sweet (and so is their dog!), and they were actually IMB missionaries in Brazil and have worked with NAMB, too! It was so great to listen to them tonight. But I need to go. I'm really needing sleep because I was falling asleep while in the middle of a conversation - how horrible!! But I'm so blessed to have my own room to myself!! Oh goodness, there's so much more to say but not enough energy to say it all!! Sorry... I guess I'll just have to tell you some other time or something.

Anyways, please please pray for patience and strength, that I will be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry. I'm running low on fuel, and it's what happens during these times that can be most crucial as I'm serving. Please pray that I will have the right attitude as I work, and that God will continue to work in my life. I have had some low points on this trip, and it's really bringing me down (physically, spiritually, emotionally, mentally - just everything). I've been a little discouraged in some areas (while I try to not show it), and I would really, really appreciate all of your prayers right now. Also for flexibility; I know that pretty much is a lesson you learn throughout the whole summer, but this week especially (which we coined as "mystery week") is so puzzling (for a lack of better terms) because we don't know what exactly we're doing as the plans keep continually changing without us knowing.

But thank you so much for following all that I've been doing, and I'm still trying to work on getting pictures up!! Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Lifting you up in prayer right now Joelle! Ministry is definitely hard work as you are experiencing once again. So often it's not the serving, teaching, or the constantly changing agenda that's the toughest. It's learning to deal with people that presents the greatest challenge.

    Let your words and your actions be seasoned with grace. Strive to treat others how you would want to be treated. Never forget to love them as if you are the only touch of God that they may see that very day.

    God has place you where you are today for a reason and for a season. Remember that prayer and His Word are what prepare you for each day. Don't head out the door without seeking Him first. Those tools will prepare you for any task that lays ahead.

    I love you my friend!! You are blessed, chosen, redeemed, and dearly loved by your King. Now get out there and do what God has fully equipped you to do and see if He doesn't bless your socks off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joelle,

    I'm a friend of Lisa's and she sent me to your blog, this day, the day of our independance. Isn't it amazing that those of us in Christ, have been bought at a price and set free?

    You are also adopted, accepted and forgiven....BELIEVE GOD! Show that to the world, causing them to hunger for the JOY OF THE LORD that lies with-in you.

    In Christ,
    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joelle,
    The falls in Spokane are called..."Spokane Falls"! Such a creative name. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spokane_Falls

    Keep the faith; you're doing a great thing.

    Love, Uncle Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joelle, What a wonderful, challenging experience!
    I will pray for your health (Spirit, physical, mental) I will pray that God's love will fuel your ministry. That you will have the strength,energy, wellness of being that is needed to Love those that you come in contact with. I praise our God for His wonderful work in you. Remember to rely on Him. Love, Connie Garcia

    ReplyDelete