Saturday, July 17, 2010

Girls, girls, girls... What is there to say?

Girls camp has worn me out.

Yawning has become my new habit. I am excessively, extremely exhausted. Extremely, extremely exhausted. I cannot begin to describe how close my eyelids are to completely closing.

But anyways - yes, camp. Camp was... I don't know how to describe it. I certainly didn't have the rambunctious group of 4th graders I had last year, and while only 3 6th grade girls should seem to be a piece of cake, it was unfortunately not the easiest task. Within several hours of the beginning of camp, I was already frantically searching for one of the girls, who was late to the initial camper meeting due to ... butterfly hunting (??). Long story short, one of the girls gave us (Emma was working with me) a very difficult time, especially when it mattered most: quiet times, worship, Bible study, etc. One of the other girls was the kind who thought she did everything right, and the other girl was new to camp. It was definitely a struggle, but it was worthwhile. On Thursday, I had a really good talk with the "flawless" girl, and she broke down a bit. I was so thrilled to share Isaiah 43 with her (one of my favorite passages), and she thanked me later for encouraging her (although really it was God, not me). And then the other 2 girls prayed to accept Christ!!!!!!!! I was so ecstatic!!! Praise God!!!!!!!! i didn't have the chance to pray with them personally, but I was still so happy for them :)

There were ups and downs, but overall it was ok. We also went to a ReGeneration event last night, with amazing worship and they showed "To Save a Life". It was pretty awesome, but boy am I pooped now. Hung out with some youth today... I can't remember the rest. I think I fell asleep somewhere in there, but I'm not quite sure. As you can tell, my brain is all scattered right now... sorry about that :)

Please continue to pray for me - for strength, energy, and perseverence. I think I'm hitting that rut in the road in my trip, and I feel really weak and vulnerable right now. Please pray for guidance and, again, strength.

thank you for all your prayers and for being interested in what I've been doing this summer!! It's so reassuring and encouraging to know there are people who are supporting me and helping carry me through this trying summer :)

Youth camp is next week. While I was so excited, for some reason I feel fearful (and maybe dread) entering the week... Pray that my attitude may change, and my focus will be where it needs to be. I think that's one of my biggest struggles right now.

Ok, I need to sleep - good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment