Thursday, July 1, 2010

God is good :)

So VBS has been going great at both Benton City and KBC. I'm really enjoying both, while having a full day is quite exhausting. We start the day pretty early and get back late, and not much sleep is in between. And unfortunately, there won't be a break to recuperate this weekend as usual, but I know God is watching out for me :)

I have next week's schedule!! We actually leave Saturday for Airway Heights in Spokane, and we'll be there until Monday. Then we go to Idaho (ah!) for the day on Tuesday to do VBS follow up in this small town whose name I can't remember. Wednesday we may be doing work at the association camp, Camp Touchet, where there's a lot of projects to be done before the weeks of camp. Thursday is another VBS follow up, and guess what? It's in Riverside!! But that will be a long day of driving up and back in the same day. Anyways, and Friday (so far) is our day off before our 3 weeks of camp arrive. It is a crazy week for sure. Oh, and our team is splitting again, so 4 of us will be doing what I just mentioned and the other 4 are doing VBS. It's so different with 8 partners - there's just so many of us!

I've definitely been seeing God working here. And I've been blessed in so many ways, as much as it has been very trying and challenging; I've been stretched again, and while it isn't fun, it's a great learning experience and will definitely be beneficial in the future.

And let's just talk a little about why I'm so happy today! So Stephanie and I have been joking that we're going to be the next youth ministers at KBC, and we just love the youth!! We're actually going bowling with a bunch tomorrow afternoon (between the 2 VBS's), and I'm just so excited! They're really a great group, and I'm so blessed to have made so many friends and to be a part of their lives. And today, a few of us helped a family move who we've come to know from the Riverside trip, and it was a great time. Also had a slurpee, and supposedly, the Tri-Cities is supposed to have some of the best slurpees...? Anyways, at VBS tonight - I just love my group! I'm crew leader for a small group of kids for KBC's VBS, and while my group is probably the smallest, I just love the kids I have. One of the girls is so precious - and just cracks me up! They're actually all precious - all 4 who are never all there at the same time :) And one of the boys asked me if I'll be his crew leader next year; he said he really liked having me as his leader. That just made my day!! And you know what's even cooler? I found out he's originally from Fresno, and we were born at the same hospital!! Fancy that! God just works things in amazing ways. One of my partners is also going to the same college as I am in the fall, and we're so excited to already know someone!

So the weather was quite strange today - cold in the AM, then sunny, then it started to rain. But God ended the day with a beautifully, amazing sunset (all while it was still raining!). It was so gorgeous. I just had to blog about it :)

I've been wanting to post pictures, but it hasn't been working too well. Hopefully I'll figure out some way to post some, but if not, then I'll just... well, I don't know what exactly I'll do, but we'll just see.

Please continue to pray for strength and wisdom. I've been struggling a lot lately, and I'd really appreciate anything at this point.

Thanks for all your prayers and words of encouragement. I cannot thank you enough. The power of prayer is definitely seen here, and I have definitely been growing deeper in my prayer life. Thanks and adios for now.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like they are keeping you super busy. Praying for you my friend. I look forward to seeing your family next week. I only wish you could be with to laugh and share right along with us.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey jo,
    this is jared. i hear you've been having a wonderful time up in WA. ^_^ well, that's great to know that God is challenging you spiritually. i'm sure the kids at KBC really appreciate you being their crew leader. i'm guessing if i was in your vbs group i would be the only un-precious kid there. ^_^ but anyways, i'm always praying for you no matter what's goin' on up in WA. love you jo! and i'm going to post again on another one!

    ReplyDelete